If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Anne Bradstreet

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season therof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion. D&C 59:18-20

Friday, September 14, 2007

Significant Milestone -- I am no longer obese

It's time to CELEBRATE!!!

I weighed in at 160 lbs on Wednesday, September 12, officially making my EXIT out of the obese category.

I am no longer OBESE. Do you know how good it feels to be able to say that? After nearly 22 months, after multiple modifications in both the quality and quantity of what I eat, after repeated increases in my activity level, burning 332,500 calories to lose 95 lbs, going from super obese to no longer obese -- it's a tremendous accomplishment.

The next milestone is 135 lbs, which will mark my exit out of the overweight category. That's 25 more lbs to lose.

Final milestone is to drop under 124, which is the top line of the normal weight range for my height.

Will I go any lower? The plan is to let my weight find its natural set point between 94 and 124, the normal range for my height. The point is, I won't be doing anything different after I reach 124 than I am doing now -- I will continue to stay within my calorie budget and to exercise regularly. The changes I have made over these last 22 months were never intended to be a "diet," but rather, a way of life.

No comments: