If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Anne Bradstreet

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season therof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion. D&C 59:18-20

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Next Step - Increase Activity

It's been 4 weeks tomorrow since I got back on the wagon, and I am very pleased with the results. I'm down 11.6 lbs., almost half-way to my goal of 25 lbs by March 31.

I live in a multi-level home, so there's lots of stair-climbing during the day, and that keeps me from being sedentary. However, the time has come to add some exercise for fitness. My motto is: Eat to be healthy; exercise to be fit.

Starting tomorrow, Monday February 1, I will be doing a combination of walking and weights. For walking during these winter months, I am using Leslie Sansone's "The Walk Diet," which is an indoor walk program. For weights, I'm using The Biggest Loser's "Power Sculpt 6-week program." This is my workout plan, 6 days a week. I chose 2-week intervals because that's the way Power Sculpt is designed.

1st 2 weeks:
weights: warm-up + Jillian's segment, using 3 lb weights + cool down
walking: 2 miles

2nd 2 weeks:
weights: warm-up + Kim's segment (5 lb. weights)+ cool down
walking: 3 miles

3rd 2 weeks:
weights: warm-up + Bob's segment (8 lb weights)+ cool down
walking: 4 miles

4th 2 weeks:
weights: warm-up + Jillian's segment (10 lb weights) + cool down
walking: 5 miles

I plan to do the walking and weights as separate activities, not as a single session.

Those 8 weeks will bring us to the end of March. I'll score myself a point each day for weights and a point for walking -- so the goal is to earn 12 points per week. I'm making another ticker to show my progress towards the 96 potential points to earn. We'll see if I can make it all the way.

No comments: