If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Anne Bradstreet

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season therof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion. D&C 59:18-20

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Book of Mormon Geography: Lehi and Morianton

In Alma 50, Mormon locates Lehi “in the north by the borders of the seashore” (15). It is specifically mentioned as one of the “many cities” which Moroni built “on the north” as part of his new defensive against the Lamanites.

Alma 50:25 says both Lehi and Morianton, neighboring lands, “were on the borders by the seashore.” Mormon always gives the sequence as Moroni, Lehi, and Morianton, or the reverse, Morianton, Lehi, and Moroni.

No comments: