If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Anne Bradstreet

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season therof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion. D&C 59:18-20

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My progress

I'm very pleased that this new program is working so well.  I'm still at 1800 calories for my daily budget, but have made a few adjustments to my steps program.

March 28 - Increased to 800 steps.  For the A days, that 800 steps carrying 21 extra pounds of weight.  For the B days, I divided the 800 steps up as follows:  1st 5 arm exercises @ 120 steps each = 600 steps; remaining 2 arm exercises at 100 each, for a grand total of 800 steps.

I've gone down another pound, so I've added another pound weight for the A days.

Just in case some people did look at the overall chart and think, My she's losing the weight too fast, I've created a chart just for this current program.  It started out pretty rapid, and that was just from cutting out candy and soda, but after that original reaction, I've just enjoyed a gradual loss. I do weigh daily, so you see all the little ups and downs.


I am amused sometimes at the objections people have to losing weight fast, claiming they just gain it all back.  Well, I'm absolute evidence that when you lose it slow, you can still gain a great deal of it back, if not all.

The secret is to not be tricked into the mindset that I can abandon my calorie budget or stop my fitness routine and just pick it up again later.  In my experience, I have been able to, but then comes that inevitable time when the will power just isn't there any more, and it's too much of a struggle to get control again.  I obviously stop weighing when I've gone off budget -- and perhaps if I would just force myself to continue weighing every day and recording it, that might put the brakes on some weight gains.

Regardless, it's something that I will always have to deal with, and I'm just glad that I'm in a season of having some success.

No comments: