If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Anne Bradstreet

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season therof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion. D&C 59:18-20

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Downward, ever downward -- Breaking through the 2009 low

This last week I not only secured a place below my previous 2010 low of 184.2, I also ducked below my 2009 low of 182.  So this was a very good week.  And, alas, time to add another lb to the weighted vest, which now puts me up to 32 lbs. to carry on my even-days steps.

Gardening and yard work is helping out, as it keeps me much more active during the day. However, I was so worn out by Saturday night, that I decided to forgo my steps for that night.  In addition, on Saturday my granddaughter didn't want the last 1/4 of her ice cream bar, so I took it off her hands, but then forgot to write down the 40 calories on my daily consumption.  I remembered on Sunday, too late to do anything about it.  However, I deducted it from my Sunday calories and did 40 extra steps on Monday night.  I am still doing 1750 for my calorie budget.

I continue to be very pleased with the success of this program, and I owe it all to my Lord Jesus Christ, who knows me and my body better than I or any mortal expert does, and who gently guides me into getting the right program.  I have a strong testimony that all of the plans that I've followed were inspired by a Wise and Loving God who knew what was best for me at the time.  Yes, I've had periods of failure when I gave up on myself, but He's never given up on me.

Here are the 2 charts as of today, Tuesday, June 7, 2011.  My next milestone is to break out of the severely obese category, which is to get under 173 lbs.  I highly recommend using these categories as milestones, because they do mark a dramatic change for your body.  Forget dress size -- focus instead on the work your body must do to carry all that extra weight.  If you don't believe me, strap 32 lbs on yourself and try to go about your life as usual.  Then imagine what it's like to carry 50, 75, 100 and even more extra pounds, 24/7.

You can click either chart to enlarge.


No comments: