If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Anne Bradstreet

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season therof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion. D&C 59:18-20

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

2020 Garden Log

I need to create a simple log of what I do in my garden.  Weather information is taken from Farmer's Almanac For the Pratt Industrial Air KS USA Weather Station, 
  • 7-8-20 Hooked up the drip system and watered.  TEMP: 96/71, winds 17/23
  • 7-7-20 consulted Pratt county extension office about watermelons - have twospotted spider mites. sprayed them plants down with water to remove the mites.  Also sprayed the other plants.  Bought some neem oil, but the youtubes say to use cold concentrate and mine is an extract, so I didn't use it much.  Purchased a pump sprayer but could not get it to work.  
    • Rainfall: #3 .41; #13 .86; #18 .56
  • 7-6-20 lost another tomato to BER, from tote #7, my transplant.  Store-bought meter tested the soil ph to be about 7.1.  Nutrients very low.  Applied Expert Gardener Organics 3-5-6 to the tomatoes in tote #7, tomatoes are doing poorly.  One is my own transplant and the other is the WalMart transplant.  Applied Epsom salt to the soil in the watermelon/cantaloupe tote to increase magnesium, thought the yellowing was from magnesium shortage.
    • temp 86/76, winds 10/16, rain 0.00
  • 7-5-20 temp 91/84, rain 0.00
  • 7-4-20 finished my raised bed for the SW wall, and filled it with all the dirt I have left -- a layer of soil, layer of plant debris, layer of leaves, soaked down, layer of rest of soil.  And I'm adding more plant debris as I go along.  
    • temp 90.9/68.2, rain 0.02, wind 5.98/10.2
  • 7-3-20 Rainfall:  #13.09; #18 .83




No comments: