If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Anne Bradstreet

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season therof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion. D&C 59:18-20

Monday, January 27, 2020

Tote #8

Today I went to Walmart and purchased another 13 gallon tote.  I've been thinking that I need to tidy up the porch.  I decided to buy another tote and convert one of the larger into a compost tote to keep the rest of the leaves and shredded material I have as well as to use up the table scraps.

So this afternoon I put a couple inches of leaves and shred in the bottom of the tote, mostly leaves, and then some table scraps, including some orange peels and coffee grounds.  Then I covered that with a layer of the garden soil.  I didn't add water because the soil is so wet.  Then I transferred the soil from the big tote to it.  In the process I found about 12 worms of good size and about 4-5 very little ones, like like they are the next generation.  It made me very happy to see so many worms of such good size and alive.

I used nearly all the soil to fill the new tote and then put all of the extra leaves and shred in the large tote.

I'm still hoping to get this tree cut down but SK is balking even though they dont care two hoots, it's the city's tree.  But the city man was talking to Jason about it and the tree on the NW side this afternoon.




No comments: