If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Anne Bradstreet

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season therof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion. D&C 59:18-20

Monday, February 17, 2020

Tub #4 from tote #5

I describe how I built tote #5 and said I saw 5 worms when doing so.

Today I built tub #4 from the contents of tote #5.  The soil was very moist, especially the layer of garden soil that I put on the bottom layer of leaves and food scraps.  I counted 14 worms as I worked.

This time I didnt have as many food scraps, but divided them into about thirds.  Also I was running out of quick oats so I just put one handful each time.  I used the rest of my egg shells on the layer in the soil.  I added the leaves in the bottom of the tote into my compost tub.  Also as I was working with the soil, I took out large clumps of compost to put back into the bin.

After I finished I had room so I out the rest of the soil from the 5 gallon bucket.  Then I just made a simple cover for the tub since I won't get my pex pipe until wednesday.

The first layer of leaves/shred mix is to the holes, or 4 inches.  The 2nd layer is up to 12 inches from the top.  And then the last food layer is about 6 inches from the top.  The last measure with the yard stick is how far from the top the tub was filled from the contents of the tote.









No comments: