If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Anne Bradstreet

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season therof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion. D&C 59:18-20

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Completing the change

Today I brought in the large totes and put them in the bedroom.  I had to re-arrange the bedroom to make room for them all.  I have pictures of how I've arranged them.  The black tote is in the coat closet in the hall, and one of the grey totes is in the master closet, and the rest are just in the bedroom.

I numbered them according to the order I bought them, not according to how they are going to be arranged on the patio when I put them out again in the spring.

I noticed some baby worms under tote #6 when I pulled it up from its stakes, and I put them in the tote.  I don't know if they came out from the holes on the bottom of the tote or crawled up from the ground.  They were very small and thin.

I took the temperature control out of the fridge and put it in tote #1, the clear plastic tote.  I wanted to check the temperature of the room, which started out about 50 right after I brought the tote in and then increased to about 68.  Now I put the control right on top of the dirt to see if it goes down any.  After leaving it awhile, it was at 60 degrees.  I'll leave it laying on top of the soil.  When I get the ph tester I'll look for one that tests the temperature of the soil, too.

Online stuff says the ideal temp for the warms is from 50-70. but the soil is usually cooler than the air temperature.





I did dig around tote #1 to re-arrange the dirt so it would all warm up the same, and did see some worms.  I think they were surviving but not thriving, and I need them to thrive in order to eat all of my compost.  Most of them were small, but I did see this larger one.


No comments: