If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Anne Bradstreet

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Ether 12:27

Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season therof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart; Yea, for food and for raiment, for taste and for smell, to strengthen the body and to enliven the soul. And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man; for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion. D&C 59:18-20

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Major change

During the night I couldn't sleep and was thinking on how cold this winter is and how my worms are not faring well because of the cold. I watched some YouTube's where people talked about having to keep worms inside during the winter in cold climates.  The last couple of years I probably would have been okay, but this winter is too cold.

So during the night I had a decision to make based on the answer to a simple question: do I want to use worms in my composting?  If so, I need to bring the totes inside for the winter.  I decided I want to use worms and so I started bringing in the totes.

So far, I have all of the 18-gallon totes brought in.  The black one is in the coat closet and the grey ones are in my bedroom. 

Since I got my space heater in the mail yesterday, I have been using it instead of the furnace in the LR, so the bedroom will be a little cooler, but not cold.  We'll see how the worms do inside.

No comments: